New Year, New You in Bridgend County!

Start 2017 by embracing the great outdoors to revitalise yourself after all the Christmas feasting. As Visit Wales looks forward to legendary year ahead to celebrate Welsh history, Bridgend County is the perfect place to start your adventures. From rediscovering nature with the Nature Keepers Quest to walking along the stunning coastline there is something for everyone to help kick start your year. Here are a few suggestions to get you thinking...

Screen Shot 2017-01-05 At 16.27.34

1. Rediscover the natural world with Nature Keepers Quest
Embark on a quest with Bridgend's 'Dare to Discover' app, which combines technology and nature, to search out 14 sculptures in unique settings. The Nature Keepers Quest is an ideal way for families to explore the Bridgend's natural hidden gems. The app is available for free featuring a map to help locate the statues, brought to life with exclusive videos and poems for real life adventures with some virtual fun thrown in.
/nature-keepers.aspx

2. Wild food foraging with Wild Spirit Brushcraft
From food foraging to survival courses, Wild Spirit Brushcraft as a range of courses on offer for those looking to try something new. Situated in 70 acres of beautiful woodland on the Merthyr Mawr Estate, the courses provide a chance to learn to live alongside nature with Camp Craft Weekends or head to the beach for a Wild Food Foraging course to find tasty treats and prepare lunch beach style!  http://www.bushcraftcourses.co.uk

3. Adrenaline pumping mountain biking
For the thrill seekers out there the Darren Fawr mountain bike trails offer something a little faster paced. Located in the Garw Valley, the trails allow you to experience the Welsh landscape by bike, travelling through a natural quarry and over rock features for a varied course. The two trails, Glengarw and Gellideg can be combined to provide a 6km ride to challenge even pro mountain bikers.

4. Go wild at Parc Slip Nature Reserve
The 300 acres at Parc Slip Nature Reserve is home to an abundance of wildlife providing a safe haven for families to discover the best of British nature. Not only is the reserve home to some of Wales' rarest wildlife including the endangered great crested newt, it is has well-maintained cycle tracks and over 10km tracks for dog walking. The Visitor Centre hosts regular events for those wishing to learn more about current wildlife research, with talks on bats, otters and more from experts in 2017.

5. Walk the Glamorgan Heritage Coast
Bridgend is a gateway to some of Wales' stunning coastline, being part of the Glamorgan Heritage Coast. To get active this January by taking a stroll along the cliffs or head towards Southerndown, better known by Doctor Who fans as Bad Wolf Bay, to amble along the beach. Take in some fresh country air whilst admiring views of the dramatic landscape.

13 comments for “New Year, New You in Bridgend County!”

1. Posted 01 August 2017 at 11:29:08

I think this is most of the most critical info for me and i'm happy to studying your article as it’s containing masses of right and informative stuffs right here every time. great issue and preserve it up thank you.

2. Posted 12 August 2017 at 04:53:35

Thank you for sharing them! I hope you will continue to have similar posts to share with everyone.

3. Posted 19 September 2017 at 05:30:15

We look forward to working with the council and the local community over the next few months to prepare for the implementation of the new collection system, which will ensure as much waste as possible is recycled and converted into something useful such as energy or new products while reducing pressure on natural resources

4. Posted 22 October 2017 at 23:27:15

It was a very good post indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it in my lunch time. Will surely come and visit this blog more often. Thanks for sharing.

5. Posted 03 November 2017 at 17:27:57

Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene.

6. Posted 14 November 2017 at 05:13:50

Thank you for sharing them! I have read your Article it is very helpful for me.

7. Posted 14 November 2017 at 09:40:06

As the years pass, we can see obviously what is vital and what isn't. Life turns into a display of times that can be gone to through the viewpoint of every decade, each with an alternate point of view.

8. Posted 13 December 2017 at 19:46:36

Nice Post and thanks for sharing.

9. Posted 03 January 2018 at 12:32:19

A debt of gratitude is in order for posting this information. I simply need to tell you that I simply look at your site and I discover it exceptionally fascinating and useful. I can hardly wait to peruse loads of your posts.

10. Posted 04 January 2018 at 09:59:48

More often than not I don't make remarks on sites, yet I'd like to say this article truly constrained me to do as such. Truly decent post!

11. Posted 10 January 2018 at 10:42:45

This is an incredible rousing article.I am practically satisfied with your great work.You put truly extremely accommodating data. Keep it up. Continue blogging. Hoping to perusing your next post.

12. Posted 11 January 2018 at 06:32:38

Interesting topic for a blog. I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon.

13. Posted 11 January 2018 at 09:59:23

I have perused your article, it is exceptionally useful and accommodating for me.I appreciate the profitable data you offer in your articles. A debt of gratitude is in order for posting it..